— [http://goo.gl/eCGhuN] Preparing Teachers for a Changing World._______________________What Teachers should learn and be able to do.
Preparing Teachers for a Changing World recommends that, in addition to strong subject matter knowledge, all new teachers have a basic understanding of how people learn and develop, as well as how children acquire and use language, which is the currency of education. In addition, the book suggests that teaching professionals must be able to apply that knowledge in developing curricula that attends to students' needs, the demands of the content, and the social purposes of education: in teaching specific subject matter to diverse students, in managing the classroom, assessing student performance, and using technology in the classroom.
(1) Introduction (John Bransford, Linda Darling-Hammond, and Pamela LePage);
(2) Theories of Learning and Their Roles in Teaching (John Bransford, Sharon Derry, David Berliner, and Karen Hammerness, with Kelly Lyn Beckett);
(3) Educating Teachers for Developmentally Appropriate Practice (Frances Degen Horowitz, Linda Darling-Hammond, and John Bransford, with James Comer, Kathy Rosebrock, Kim Austin, and Frances Rust);
(4) Enhancing the Development of Students' Language(s) (Guadalupe Valdes, George Bunch, Catherine Snow, and Carol Lee, with Lucy Matos);
(5) Educational Goals and Purposes: Developing a Curricular Vision for Teaching (Linda Darling Hammond, James Banks, Karen Zumwalt, Louis Gomez, Miriam Gamoran Sherin, Jacqueline Griesdorn, and Lou-Ellen Finn);
(6) Teaching Subject Matter (Pamela Grossman and Alan Schoenfeld, with Carol Lee);
(7) Teaching Diverse Learners (James Banks, Marilyn Cochran-Smith, Luis Moll, Anna Richert, Kenneth Zeichner, Pamela LePage, Linda Darling-Hammond, and Helen Duffy, with Morva McDonald);
(8) Assessment (Lorrie Shepard, Karen Hammerness, Linda Darling-Hammond, and Frances Rust, with Joan Baratz Snowden, Edmund Gordon, Cris Gutierrez, and Arturo Pacheco);
(9) Classroom Management (Pamela LePage, Linda Darling-Hammond, and Hanife Akar, with Cris Gutierrez, Evelyn Jenkins-Gunn, and Kathy Rosebrock);
(10) How Teachers Learn and Develop (Karen Hammerness, Linda Darling-Hammond, and John Bransford, with David Berliner, Marilyn Cochran-Smith, Morva McDonald, Kenneth Zeichner);
(11) The Design of Teacher Education Programs (Karen Hammerness and Linda Darling-Hammond, with Pamela Grossman, Frances Rust, and Lee Shulman); and
(12) Implementing Curriculum Renewal in Teacher Education: Managing Organizational and Policy Change (Linda Darling-Hammond, Arturo Pacheco, Nicholas Michelli, Pamela LePage, and Karen Hammerness, with Peter Youngs). A Name Index and Subject Index are included.
"Preparing Teachers for a Changing World. What Teachers should learn and be able to do," 'Theories of Learning and their roles in teaching, chapter 2' by John Bransford, PDF ::
•  Bransford, John, Sharon Derry, David Berliner og Karen Hammerness (2005). chap.2. Theories of Learning and their roles in teaching, in: Darling Hammon, L. and J. Bransofrd (ed.): Preparing Teachers for a Changing World. What Teachers should learn and be able to do (40-87). Jossey-Bass.