— [https://goo.gl/MxCitQ] Many people in our society _______________________still look down upon older men dating younger women
:: RT: Essay ▶ https://goo.gl/2ersg2 ◀ A Five Paragraph Persuasive Essay | #English #Essay #Persuasive #Dating #Love #LargeAgeGap
One of the biggest deterrents to getting anywhere with younger women is thinking that the age gap is bad or immoral.
Dating Between People with a Large Age Gap; A 5 Paragraph Essay, Benjamin Madeira, PDF ::
My Hook / Attention Getter ::
To this day, the dating between older men and young women has been a contentious
issue in the Western society.
Background Issue ::
, the community has a different perspective on people who prefer being in a relationship despite
the significant age difference.
My transitional sentence ::
Some people perceive
the older men as either cads
or perverts (Notas, 2015, para.3) while the women are regarded as immoral or silly.
Current Situation ::
, a section of the society believes love is a fundamental human right, and nobody should be restricted
on whom to love as adults.
The society demeaning
perception on the dating between older men and young women has adversely
affected the healthy relationships that were built on genuine love and affection. Furthermore
, many people are afraid to date the people they love because of the judgment of the society.
Telling your readers what the paper is about/ guides your writing and keeps your argument focused/ My thesis statement ::
This essay presents the argument that there is no immorality in the relationship between older men and younger women because it is their human right as adults to choose their dating preferences. In particular, this paper will argue that when the connection is based on love, the society should not judge them. Equally important, the couple is aware
of possible repercussions
of the date between people with a massive age difference. Therefore, the society should not talk them out of such relationships.
My first body paragraph ::
While desires are central to all facets
of mating because they determine
who is attracted to us and who we are attracted to (Buss, 2007, p. 502), it is also worth noting that dating between people is based on mutual trust and understanding. Therefore, denying anyone a chance of getting into such relationship is taking away their human right to making personal decisions. (Positive Case)
Research findings indicate that the girl's brain development occurs earlier as compared to the boys. Therefore, they prefer dating older men whom they can have the same level of reasoning (Bonaguro, 2018, para.12). (Supporting argument)
There is no doubt that the parents have a right to advise their children on dating. However, the happiness of their children should be a priority. Hence
, if there is a healthy interaction, the parents should encourage such relationship. (Argumentative point, debatable)
George (2010) states that numerous studies conducted
reveal that men who marry younger women live longer as compared to those who marry older women. However, women who marry younger men die early (para.1). This difference attributes
to the fact that younger women can take care of their older spouses
which is untrue in the case of younger men married to older women. Therefore, this factor affects the men's preference of loving younger women.
My second body paragraph ::
Passionate love and affection not only lead people into long-term commitments
but also to protecting each other (Buss, 2007, p. 504). Thus
, relationships that are based on caring should be encouraged in the society. (Positive Case)
The dating partners have a significant influence on the happiness of each other. Therefore, getting into a wrong relationship that is based on sinister
motives will be detrimental
to the mental health of a person. (Supporting Argument)
There is a notion that proofs older men are attracted to beautiful young women because they make the old men feel younger than they are. Despite this fact, it should not be the reason to demonize
the relationship between them. There is also a common belief that younger women date older men because they are financially stable and the women are branded as gold diggers (Stopyra, 2017, para.4). However, the perception
is wrong because there is a rise in the number of wealthy women globally today, “as women become more educated and face less discrimination” (Jane, 2013, para.1; Leonhardt, 2016, para.1 & 3). Hence, this is not the primary reason young women get married to older men. (Counter-argument)
According to Spinelli et al., (2010) men prefer younger women because they are regarded as more fertile
(p. 119). However, as professor of psychology, David Buss notes, in his evolutionary psychology research on human sex differences in mate selection: “One of the intriguing features of human mating is that it cannot be characterized by a single strategy” (p. 504). Nowhere do young women have an equal desire to mate with older men. Everywhere, older men are preferred as mates, others shunned
. In light of current studies, some younger women are not interested in older men because they are unlikely to invest in their offspring
because of their age (Spinelli et al., 2010, p.119) and this might be seen as a hindrance
(Buss, 2007, p. 504). (Negative Case)
My third body paragraph ::
Various challenges arise from the date between the people with a significant age difference. (Negative Case)
The pundits unanimously
agree that the adverse
consequences of older men having a sexual relationship with younger women vary with the age gap. It is still not completely clear, but theorists hold that the young adults dating older men are likely to have higher levels of subsequent pessimistic sense of inadequacy
and lower levels of self-esteem as compared to those dating boys of their ages (Bindley, 2017, para.16). (Supporting argument) Likewise
, it is argued that there are cases where older men prefer younger women because they are gullible
and easy to control. However, despite all the adverse consequences of such relationships all the partners and adults are aware of the results of getting in such relationships. Therefore, the society should not judge them because dating between people of same age set does not guarantee a healthy relationship. (Counter-arguments) Consequently
, some people fail to pursue
the women they like because of the backlash
from the society and they end up marrying other women whom they do not prefer. According to Rappaport (2013), there is constant blame on the men for getting into a relationship with the younger women (para.3). However, the people fail to notice that the relationships are built on mutual consent
and not coercion
. (Argumentative point, debatable)
My Conclusion ::
In sum, the dating between older men and younger women has attracted a lot of public attention with people expressing their opinions towards such relationships. Love is a fundamental human right, and nobody should be compelled
on whom to love (UN, 2015, Art.16). Individual's relationship preference should not be the basis of castigating
the relationship between older men and younger women. Dating that is based on love regardless
of the age difference between the couples should be encouraged in the society. However, both members of the couple must attain the required age according to the law of their country. Moreover
, mature people who enter into a relationship are aware of the possible consequences of the relationship. Hence, their relationship should not be discouraged. (Summarization)
The society's negative perception of the marriages between the people with a vast age difference hinders
the establishment of a relationship that could have made someone happy in life. (Implication)
Therefore, it is upon the society to embrace
the life decisions of people regarding
whom to date because it is their human right to make such decisions. In doing so, society will demonstrate that “[they] are endowed
with reason and conscience and should act towards one another in a spirit of brotherhood” (UN, 2015, Art.1), and not stigmatize
in a relationship. (Conclusion, claim)
WORKS CITED — REFERENCES :
•  Bindley, Katherine (2017, December 6). “Younger Women Dating Older Men May Not Foresee Consequences.” Web. Retrieved on April 17, 2018. Accessible at https://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/06/30/age-gap-relationship-consequences-older-men-younger-women_n_887205.html
•  Bonaguro, Alison (2018, Jan 13). “Why Younger Women Marry Older Men, (It's Not Always About Money).” Web. Retrieved on April 17, 2018. Accessible at https://www.menshealth.com/trending-news/a19548426/why-young-women-marry-older-men/
•  Buss, David (2007) “The Evolution of Human Mating.” Acta Psychologica Sinica, 39(3) 502-512. Web. Retrieved on April 17, 2018. Accessible at https://labs.la.utexas.edu/buss/files/2015/09/evolution_of_human_mating_2007.pdf
•  George, Robert (2010, May 13). “Men With Younger Wives Live Longer But Women Should Marry Men The Same Age, Study.” Web. Retrieved on April 17, 2018. Accessible at https://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/188621.php
•  Jane, Nicel (2013, March 2). “Wealthy Women On The Rise Globally (Infographic).” Web. Retrieved on April 17, 2018. Accessible at http://www.women2.com/2013/03/02/wealthy-women-on-the-rise-globally/
•  Leonhardt, Megan (2016, June 7). “Women's Wealth Growing Faster Than Men's.” Web. Retrieved on April 17, 2018. Accessible at http://time.com/money/4360112/womens-wealth-share-increase/
•  Notas, Nick (2015, July 2). “Older Men Who Like Younger Women Aren’t Creeps.” Web. Retrieved on April 17, 2018. Accessible at https://www.nicknotas.com/blog/older-men-who-like-younger-women-arent-creeps/
•  Rappaport, Mike (2013, May 29). “Older Men and Younger Women.” Web. Retrieved on April 17, 2018. Accessible at http://www.libertylawsite.org/2013/05/29/older-men-and-younger-women/
•  Spinelli, Luísa Helena Pinheiro, Wallisen Tadashi Hattori, Maria Bernardete Cordeiro de Sousa (2010). “Why do women not prefer much older men? A hypothesis based on alterations in male reproductive physiology related to increased age.” Estudos De Psicologia, 15(1), 119-123. Web. Retrieved on April 17, 2018. Accessible at http://www.scielo.br/pdf/epsic/v15n1/16.pdf
•  Stopyra, Diane (2017, December 19). “So I Married a Much Older Man: One writer explores why some women choose husbands old enough to be their fathers.” Web. Retrieved on April 17, 2018. Accessible at https://www.marieclaire.com/sex-love/a14455328/marrying-an-older-man/
•  United Nations (2015). Universal Declaration of Human Rights. Web. Retrieved on April 17, 2018. Accessible at http://www.un.org/en/udhrbook/pdf/udhr_booklet_en_web.pdf
FURTHER READING :
•  Banks, C. A., & Arnold, P. (2001). “Opinions towards sexual partners with a large age difference.” Marriage & Family Review, 33, 5–18.
•  Berardo F., Appel, J., & Berardo, D. (1993). “Age dissimilar marriages: Review and assessment.” Journal of Aging Studies, 7, 93-106.
•  Buss, D. M. (1989). “Sex differences in human mate preferences: Evolutionary hypotheses tested in 37 cultures.” Behavioral and Brain Sciences, 12, 1–49.
•  Cowan, G. (1984). “The double standard in age-discrepant relationships.” Sex Roles, 11, 17–23.
•  Ni Bhrolchain, M. (2006). “The age difference between partners: A matter of female choice.” In C. Sauvain-dugerdil & H. Leridon (Eds.) Human clocks: The bio-cultural meanings of age (pp. 289-312). New York: Peter Lang.
•  United Nations. (2000). World Marriage Patterns 2000. Web. Retrieved on April 17, 2018. Accessible at http://www.un.org/esa/population/publications/worldmarriage/worldmarriage.htm
•  Zak, A., Armer, E., Edmunds, K., Fleury, T., Sarris, M., & Shatynski, B. (2001). “Age-discrepant relationships: Do these romances fare well?” North American Journal of Psychology, 3, 119-122.
Comentario » Comments »»» Blogger Facebook Disqus