— [ https://goo.gl/UDa4gF ] A discussion of a situation in the English-speaking world that represents a collision course_______________________Who is on a collision course with whom? What is the conflict? What are the implications?
Trump initially voiced support for universal background checks and raising the age limit on certain gun purchases. However, neither was addressed in his administration’s proposal.
The White House has denied that the president had "chickened out" in the face of pressure from the NRA, which met with the president and opposed gun law reforms.
Collision Course Over US Gun Regulations; A 5 Paragraph Essay, PDF ::
My Student's Hook / Attention Getter ::
Background Issue/ Transitional sentence ::
Current Situation ::
My thesis statement ::
My Student's first body paragraph ::
My Student's second body paragraph ::
My Student's third body paragraph ::
My Student's Conclusion ::
•  Aonso, Casey. “Here's Everything You Need To Know About The Horrific Florida School Shooting.” Narcity, Narcity, 15 Feb. 2018, narcity.com/news/heres-everything-you-need-to-know-about-the-horrific-florida-school-shooting
•  BBC News. “Seven Things the NRA Blames...” BBC News, BBC, 23 Feb. 2018, bbc.com/news/av/world-us-canada-43164845/seven-things-the-nra-blames
•  Cooper, Kelly-Leigh. “In Florida Aftermath, US Students Say 'Never Again'.” BBC News, BBC, 18 Feb. 2018, bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-43105699
•  Rampton, Roberta, and Ayesha Rascoe. “Trump's New Stance on Gun Restrictions Sets Him on Collision Course with NRA.” BusinessLIVE, Business Day, businesslive.co.za/bd/world/americas/2018-03-01-trumps-new-stance-on-gun-restrictions-sets-him-on-collision-course-with-nra/
•  Reuters. “Emma Gonzalez's Powerful March for Our Lives Speech in Full - Video.” The Guardian, Guardian News and Media, 24 Mar. 2018, theguardian.com/us-news/video/2018/mar/24/emma-gonzalezs-powerful-march-for-our-lives-speech-in-full-video
•  Stephens, Bret. “Repeal the Second Amendment.” The New York Times, The New York Times, 5 Oct. 2017, nytimes.com/2017/10/05/opinion/guns-second-amendment-nra.html
•  The Guardian. “The Guardian View on US Gun Laws: Listen to Teenagers, Not Trump | Editorial.” The Guardian, Guardian News and Media, 22 Feb. 2018, theguardian.com/commentisfree/2018/feb/22/the-guardian-view-on-us-gun-laws-listen-to-teenagers-not-trump