— [http://goo.gl/wiqeCZ] How to Teach Higher-Order Cognitive Strategies._______________________Education, pedagogy
An argument is mainly about logical appeals and involves claims, evidence, warrants, backing, and rebuttals. Argument is at the heart of critical thinking and academic discourse; it is the kind of writing students need to know for success in college and in life.
Many scaffolds are excellent for all types of learners—English Language Learners (ELLs), English as a Second Language Classroom (ESL), students with special needs and/or students who are just generally challenged by writing.
Five-paragraph essay on scaffolding students’ writing at lower secondary school in Norway, 2015; Pedagogy, Benjamin Madeira, PDF ::
Scaffolding students’ writing ::
Adolescent students today write more than ever ::
Teachers don't want to go beyond the traditional schoolbooks ::
Learning the English language occurs while encountering a diversity of texts ::
Teachers need to embrace new modern literacy pedagogy ::
Writing something down requires motivation ::
A student-centered instruction ::
Modeling effective writing ::
•  Asselin, Marlene, and Ray Doiron. Towards a Transformative Pedagogy for School Libraries 2.0. School Libraries Worldwide. Volume 14, Number 2, July 2008, 1‐18. Print.
•  DeVoss, Danielle Nicole, Elyse Eidman-Aadahl, Troy Hicks. Because Digital Writing Matters: Improving Student Writing in Online and Multimedia Environments, 2010. US National Writing Project. San Francisco, CA: Jossey-Bass. Print.
•  Erstad, Ola. Educating the digital generation: Exploring media literacy for the 21st Century. Journal of Digital Literacy 5.1(2010): 56-72. Print.
•  Gallagher, Kelly. Teaching Adolescent Writers. Portland, Me: Stenhouse Publishers, 2006. Print.
•  Haynes, Anthony. 100 ideas for lesson planning. The Professional and Higher Partnership (2007). Print.
•  Kalantzis, Mary, and Bill Cope. Language Education and Multiliteracies. Encyclopedia of Language and Education, 2nd Edition, Volume1: Language Policy and Political Issues in Education, 195–211. 2008. Print.
•  Krokan, Arne. Oppvekst i det digitale nettsamfunnet (2008). Web. Retrieved on May 2015 from https://goo.gl/Qys8cq
•  Krokan, Arne. The times they are … -eller kan offentlig sektor lære noe av Skandiabanken? (n/d) Web. Retrieved on May 2015 from http://goo.gl/bTqhbU
•  ItsLearning.com. Creating Assessments in itslearning (n/d). Web. Retrieved on May 2015 from https://goo.gl/IxR1BB
•  ItsLearning.co.uk. The itslearning recipe book, Volume 1. (“Intermediate recipes for teachers who are ready to do more") (2012). Web. Retrieved on May 2015 from http://goo.gl/i11KuD
•  Lewis, Maureen &Wray, David. Writing frames: scaffolding children’s non-fiction writing in a range of genre. London: Collins Educational, 2002. Print.
•  LK06, Norwegian Ministry of Education and Research, English subject curriculum, revised version (Aug. 2013). Web. Retrieved on May 2015 from http://goo.gl/gJlaH9
•  Mathisen, Petter. Video Feedback in Higher Education - A Contribution to Improving the Quality of Written Feedback. UNIVERSITETSFORLAGET, Nordic Journal of Digital Literacy, Vol 7, 2012, nr. 02. Faculty of Humanities and Education/Pedagogical Development Center-PULS. University of Agder, Norway. (2012) Web. Retrieved on May 2015 from http://goo.gl/wdOjp7
•  Nation, Paul. Helping learners write: The writing process: Connecting Research to Practice, K-8. Portsmouth, NH: Heinemann, 2006. Print.
•  Normann, Anita. Introduction. Take Credit, NTNU: Lesson 1, 2015. Web. Retrieved on May 2015 from https://goo.gl/s9Czy0
——— Digital writing. Take Credit, NTNU: Lesson 6, 2015. Web. Retrieved on May 2015 from https://goo.gl/s9Czy0
——— Revising and editing texts. Take Credit, NTNU: Lesson 11, 2015. Web. Retrieved on May 2015 from https://goo.gl/de96fZ
•  Rowsell, Jennifer, and Maureen Walsh. Rethinking Literacy Education in New Times: Multimodality, Multiliteracies, & New Literacies. Brock Education, Volume 21, No. 1, Fall 2011, 53-62. Print.
•  Steele, Vanessa. Product and Process writing: A comparison. British Council, 10 Spring Gardens, London SW1A 2BN, UK, 2004. Web. Retrieved on May 2015 from http://goo.gl/zr0xH5
•  Whitaker, Charles. Best Practices in Teaching Writing. Write in the Middle: A workshop for Middle School Teachers, 2006. Web. Retrieved on May 2015 from http://goo.gl/nbnR1l